Here are some tips for putting your job search out into the Twittersphere:
- The first rule of Twitter is follow, follow, follow. Find people in companies that you would like to work for and follow them. They may follow you back, giving you an audience for your job search.
- Create a professional profile page which includes information that a prospective employer may be interested in. Keep it for your professional profile, friends can follow you on Facebook
- Use your tweet to tell your followers that you are looking for a job. Remember, a tweet is only 140 characters so use it wisely.
- Tweet daily about your job search.
- If you are on LinkedIn, make sure to include your tweets as status updates
- Create a link to your online resume. Use a tool like VisualCV (its free and they have great templates to help you create the best online resume)
- Check out www.tweetmyjobs.com (#Tweetmyjobs) and sign up for access to thousands of jobs
- There are also a vast variety of Twitter accounts dedicated to specific jobs, areas and companies, way too many to mention here. Use their Twitter search function using phrases like "job openings", "looking for a job", "IT jobs", etc.
Good luck, and happy tweeting!
CEO/Director IT Staffing
Alcea Technologies Inc.